>Indian hotel sector is on a high growth path with the surge in business as well as leisure
travellers in the country
>Foreign arrivals growing at a steady rate of 11-15% p.a. and are expected to grow
further with increased investment in the tourism sector
>Approximately 30,000 rooms in the premium segment entailing an investment around
Rs.428 billion are expected to come up in the top 10 cites of India
>Significant shortage of rooms across all categories in the country
>Mid-end and budget hotels presenting a potential growth opportunity
>Increased interest by foreign hotel brands and investors
See the full report, Click here>
Jaypee Vasant Continental has won the state level energy efficiency & renewable energy measures award for the year ’07. Sheila Dixit, the Chief Minister of Delhi gave away the recognition at a function held in the capital on December 16, 2007. The state level energy conservation award has been instituted by Delhi Transco Ltd.
The hotel claims that it takes stringent measures for energy conservation. A formalised framework is in place to prevent wastage of energy and other resources such as:
* Use of double glazed water to reduce the air-conditioning load and noise factor
* Solar water heating is being implemented for hot water.
* Water is conserved by use of drip-less taps in guest rooms and auto urinal flushing, automatic water taps for hand wash.
* The hotel has an effluent treatment plant, which is used for cleaning as well as filtration of kitchen/ laundry waste
* Natural piped gas is being used in place of HSD for boilers to minimise pollution levels
* Separate collection of bags is provided for collecting and segregating solid waste/garbage
* Biodegradable products are used instead of harmful chemicals
* Left over food from the kitchen and restaurants is given away to an orphanage on a daily basis
* All new equipment is CFC free
The hotel has also employed outside agencies such as the PCRA to conduct energy audits.
Search for Jobs with Vasant Continental>
Search for Hospitality jobs in Delhi>