Demi Chef, Dubai
Responsible for the production of foods within designated area and preparation of prepare dishes in accordance with the stipulated recipes or instructions from Senior Kitchen staff as per menu requirements
Maintain a high standard of production, quality, presentation and cleanliness laid down by the Executive Chef/ F&B Manager. Adhere to Health, Hygiene and fire safety standards as outlined in the Dubai Municipality Food Control Section regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure that all preparation, production, dishes, specialised menu items are prepared on time and to the standard required as laid down by the Executive Chef
* Maintain flavours and presentations that are in conjunction with menu concepts and enhance the reputation of the outlet, this is to be done under the guidance of the Snr Chef de Partie and Sous Chef
* Allocate work to subordinates, observe the working methods and productivity of assigned staff, assist them and coordinate with senior production to provide subordinates with the necessary training
* Maintain a daily kitchen shift that will ensure that all areas of responsibility are covered, this is to include a clean and orderly work place
* Ensure that all aspects of food handling, preparation, service and storage of all ingredients is to the standard required by Dubai Municipality. This is to include the correct labelling for cooked foods, blast chilling to the correct temperature, correct storage of trolley items and holding of prepared foods prior to service periods
* Provide the required and appropriate training and guidance for all subordinate staff within you area and within the stewarding department
* Seek advise, guidance and assistance regarding any unresolved problems pertaining to food, equipment, staff and stores from senior chefs and production staff
* Ensure that all produce, dry goods and other ingredients issues by stores or other departments within the kitchen are to the required standard. You are to seek clarity on any food items that do not meet the minimum standards as laid down by senior chefs
* Ensure that all equipment is fully operational and effective for use in the production of food items and to report any malfunctions to the maintenance department. This includes all areas of your work area; Floors, walls, air-conditioning, electrical, water and operating machinery and equipment
* Participate in making the guests dining experience a memorable one by participating in restaurant and food service activities as required within your scope of responsibilities
Experience and Qualification
Qualification: A qualification in professional cookery or similar from a recognised training institute or a minimum of 5 years experience in an upmarket catering establishment with exposure to various catering styles and services of which a minimum of one year would be at a supervisory level
Specialised Knowledge: Knowledge of the highest standards and quality production, preparation and presentation within your specialised area. Knowledge of the highest standards of hygiene practises as laid down by health and safety regulations as well as international catering standards. Knowledge of training and guidance practices for subordinate staff will be required.Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the 'Working Here' section of this site. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
There was no immediate word on casualties at the site, which is a favorite place for foreigners to stay and is heavily guarded. Ambulances rushed to the scene, where a fire also burned.
There was no