This is awesome!
I remember when palm pilots were the thing. You could download a software to turn your palm pilot into a remote control..what fun!
I did try & experiment with sharing the map (first mumbai, then chandigarh) with guests over bluetooth. Conceirge were given a bluetooth enabled handset & printer and guests could sync up.
But this is brilliant!
Runtriz, a software firm out of Hollywood, CA, is aiming to bring hotels up to speed. Following a series of quiet test runs at other LA hotels, they've debuted a product called "Hotel Evolution" at the Malibu Beach Inn in Malibu, CA. When a guest checks into the hotel, they're asked if they have an iPhone or iPod Touch. If they do, the hotel staff will load the Runtriz Hotel web application to the device. If they don't, they're given a 16gb iPod Touch (with the application pre-loaded, of course) to keep for the duration of their stay.
Once you've punched in your room number and security code, all of the hotel's service offerings are but a click away.
Straight from the device's screen, you can order room service, set a wake up call, request your luggage, dry cleaning, or car (or if you're going all out, a limo), request linens or toiletries, check your messages, or set your room to "Do Not Disturb".
They also provide information about nearby nightlife, attractions, and shopping.
To manage the complete service delivery of guest's individual Food and Beverage services, according to the set standards and procedures defined by the F&B Manager and Restaurant Supervisor.
This will require the job holder to co-ordinate between the guest's specific individual requirements and the areas of production, (chefs, production kitchen, bar and beverage services), in fulfilling menu and dining requirements. To display and present to guests a professional working knowledge of: Food preparation techniques and methods, product knowledge on the Hotel's cellar of wines, cheeses, desserts, and the serving etiquette for these products, according to The Leading Hotels of the World's service standards.
* Minimum standards set for this position include: Punctual attendance and a professional, groomed appearance, attendance of all shift and daily briefings and department meetings held by Supervisors and Managers, and readiness and cleanliness in and around all food & beverage related areas is considered essential.
* In addition to knowledge of waiter services within the restaurant setting, the individual must be capable of individual delivery and the range of resort F&B services offered in: Room Services, Spa, pool, and personal guest preferences.
* To prepare all restaurant areas at start of shift, ensuring necessary table set-up is completed, mise-en-place is correctly set, all dining accessories and laundry are procured from stores thereby providing a quality, detailed and smooth service at all times during the shift.
* Constantly maintain log of all guest consumption, beverages, alcohol & wines consumed by guests and staff to ensure correct billing is allocated and charged through the PMS.
* Co-ordinate with the Restaurant supervisors, Chefs, Guest Relations on specific guest's dining requirements, thereby providing seamless F&B service delivery between departments and the guests.
* Responsible for the proper preparation and delivery standards for ranges of beverages, including cocktails, specific orders of service for wine degustation, and serving standards for specialised beverages. A thorough knowledge of international wines, categories, ageing, and vintage is required.
* To provide a range of restaurant service standards, from fine dining procedures at lunches and dinners, to other specialised table-services, including set menu courses, degustation menus, in-room services and specialised breakfast preparation, (Asian, Japanese etc.)
* To provide a pro-active, alert and anticipatory approach to customer needs, ensuring that a knowledge of kitchen menu preparation methods, food products and ingredients, and presentation is at all times conveyed to the guests. To resolve all minor complaints related to food and beverage through provision of additional and surprise services.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the 'Working Here' section of this site. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Experience and Qualifications:
* 'O' level education with a minimum of 3 yrs F&B experience in a 5-Star Hotel or recognised quality restaurant psotion. OR 'A' level education with a minimum of 1 year F&B experience in a 5 star hotel.
* A good knowledge of food service styles and techniques, menu preparation and specialised food orders of service is required. A good knowledge of all hard liquor, wines, mixes/cocktails.
* Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English, with other guest-based languages an advantage. Should be self organised and punctual with a well groomed appearance and professional mien.
* NOTE:Relevant experiences and knowledge may compensate for lack of formal educational qualification.
Using Google Earthtechnology, Intercontinental Hotels Group’s guests can plan and book their travel anywhere in the world in just a few simple clicks. visit earth.ihg.com
Google Earth was a tool begging to be exploited. Thankfully someone has.
I never understood, why none of the leading chains put up their maps/directions using Google Earth. Even today most have written directions or worse no directions as at all.
The Taj Hotels website tajhotels.com has a map that is not to scale & really I've been to Delhi, that map is dificult.
The Oberoi Hotels website oberoihotels.com doesnt have maps. Check out Cecil shimla instructions at http://www.thececil.com/en-US/Hotel/TG_LocationAccess.aspx
Is your hotel using it? Let me know.
Search for Jobs with Intercontinental Hotels in Costa Rica>