85% of the existing room stock in Kolkata falls under the 5-star and 5-star Deluxe category.
Subscribe to The Hospitality Knowledge & Career E-Mag |www.hospemag.com by Email
Click here to make money from your cellphone>
- About 800 rooms are expected to be added in the 5-star and 5-star Deluxe segment by 2012, out of which around 225 keys will be ready in 2010.
- Some of the major brands expected to be operational in the coming years include
>joint venture projects by DLF and Hilton (239 rooms, EM Bypass);
> Unitech and Ritz (200 rooms, Tollygunge);
>DS Group and Carlson (320 rooms, near the airport)
>Berggruen Group (Rajarhat).
- The ARR was Rs.6,310 in 2007, & Rs.6,080 during the third quarter of this year.
- The average occupancy rate 74% during the same period this year, which reflects a decline of about 7% over the past year's level.
- ARR values in the range of Rs.2,860-3,200
- occupancy rate of around 77% during the off-peak season and around 83% during the peak season of Oct-Feb.
- 437 rooms are expected to be added to the 4-star category by 2012.
- ARR Rs.5,025 during May-Sept 2008.
- new 4-star projects
>150 room hotel by Bengal Ambuja
>242 room project by the hospitality group Marriott
see the complete report at
|Hyatt Hotels & Resorts announced today the return of its signature Hyatt Regency brand to Hong Kong|
to The Hospitality Knowledge & Career E-Mag |www.hospemag.com
Click here to make money from your
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts announced today the return of its signature Hyatt Regency brand to Hong Kong with the opening of the 567-room Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin. The first international hotel brand to open in the New
Territories, the property features spectacular Tolo Harbor views, extraordinary restaurants and meeting space, as well as extensive spa and resort facilities surrounded by the scenery of the Hong Kong countryside. Adjacent to The Chinese University of Hong Kong and
conveniently located at University MTR Station, the hotel is a few minutes drive from Hong Kong Science Park and Hong Kong Jockey Club.
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin will be one of three Hyatt hotels in Hong Kong by the end of 2009, along with the award-winning Grand Hyatt Hong Kong on Hong Kong Island in Wan Chai and Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, opening in the third quarter of the year. The opening of Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin marks the return of the Hyatt Regency brand to Hong Kong. The first Hyatt hotel outside of North America, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, opened in 1969 and marked the launch of Hyatt as a global hospitality player.
The original Hyatt Regency Hong Kong closed on New Year’s Eve 2005 and was
demolished to make way for a commercial building.
Search for jobs in China with Hyatt>